Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick

Go down 
+3
Rotten
A - w - E
Aerensiniac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Aerensiniac
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-02

D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Empty
PostSubject: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:31 pm

This "mix" is a collection of several guides, credits go to their respective posters/creators/makers.

JSD
JSD is a great evasion technique while fighting, it allows you to keep up good offensive while avoiding rather effectively. During a dash, you jump, and switch to your gun, then switch back and dash another way.
Steps: Dash, Jump, Switch, Shoot, Switch, Dash

JSF
This move is basically JSD, with an added Stab>Dash. It is far slower on shotguns. Very useful offensive technique.
Step Guide: Jump>Shoot>Switch>Dash>Stab>Dash

Fade Shooting
I've only seen this used by me. You shoot, tumble, hold mouse button, if timed right, you'll shoot the most you can, with a shotgun this is twice. At the end of the roll, you can do two things after switching to your dagger and finishing the spin-out animation: Jump and go any direction with a dash, or dash along the ground the opposite way. Mixing it up is the best strategy. If your timing is good, you an switch your gun mid-dash and do this in rapid succession. Just don't tap any directions if you switch to keep the speed.
Step Guide: Jump>Tumble>Switch to Dagger> (Jump>Dash) or (Dash)

Dagger Glide
A move that I stumbled upon while practicing, I am yet to see anyone else in the game do this.
It is an extension of the normal dagger special/stun action incorporating a dash. I have dubbed it the glide because of the smooth gliding motion the character has when doing this. It is the same animation as the normal stun, except the character keeps 'gliding' forwards afterwards for quite some distance and at some speed, I find it to be the fastest way to travel in a straight line. Anything hit along the way will be knocked to the floor. It will take some practice to pull off perfectly every time.
Forward -> forward+special (at exactly the same time)

YoYo Quarter
A derivative of the YoYo and YoYo half:
Dash>>Jump>>Switch(gun)>>Shoot>>Dash >>Switch(dagger)>>Dash>>Stab>>Dash

YoYo Reload
This move is just to achieve two shots in rapid succession, while keeping motion in a dash. This move is very advanced, and may take a lot of practice to master. Suggested key configuration is setting reload to shift. Once you get quick enough, you can make both shots fire before you touch the ground again.
Dash(optional-but recommended)>>Jump+Switch (quick as possible) >>Dash >> Shoot>> Reload >> Switch

YoYo Hop
Main move used by d stylers
Jump+Switch to Gun (at the same time)>>>dash with gun out>>>shoot

Block Tap
Used against turtles and even BFers if your good enough. It gives the blocker a massive without putting you off balance
Stab while looking down or turning sharply away>>>dash

Ghost Evade/Magician Switch
Use this if you meesed up block tap. This has a chance to have the massive miss you while you are off balance
Get Blocked>>>turn 45 degrees>>>(magician switch)>>>switch to guns>>>shoot

E lunge
Not sure about it's use but it goes about twice as far as a regular lunge. Timing can be very hard
Forward>>>lunge+Forward

Dagger Hopping
Both an offensive and a movement technique. You group jumps, dashes, and stabs into any order really. The best order is Jump, Dash, Stab, Dash, repeat. It's a great move to use to get around places and to attack solitary targets. You can easily flow this into any dagger move.

Space Invading
Moving like an enemy from space invaders. You dash forward, dash to a side, forward, another side. Great for dodging rockets and automatic fire.

Dagger Training
Basically a ground based Dagger Hop. Dash, then stab and repeat. The name comes from the fact that you look like a train while doing it.

Wall Raiding
Run onto the wall. Reach a desired height, and stab. Right after the stab, hit jump again. You'll stick to the wall and keep running. You can do this at any time, as much as you want. If you time it right, you can, while on a wall, hit a person near a wall up to 9 times. Flow this into Reverse Stab, Dagger Hop, YoYo Hop, Dagger Flash and more Wall Raiding. An effective use of it is to hit once, jump off the wall, dash behind the enemy, repeat. The closer you can stay, the better.

Flip Stab Shot
The equivalent of the SlashShot for daggers, making the gun move like a melee weapon. However, there's a difference. You NEED the flipping off of a wall animation for it to work. It's hard to time correctly. You hit the wall, preferably from the side, with your dagger. You flip off of it, right after the flip starts, stab and switch in one movement, holding the mouse button down. You'll shoot while your gun goes forward during the flip, switch back to your dagger, dash away. Handy move. Flow it into Dagger Flash, or if low, Dagger Hop and YoYo Hop.

Tenth Hopping
You will fail at this a lot. I do still, it's hard to time. You go in a very small area in any combination of directions, floating to and from location, kicking up lots of dust. You dash, stab, jump, switch to gun, shoot, switch, dash another way, stab, dash another way, jump, repeat. I doubt I got the steps right, but when done side to side, you stab on one side, shoot in a very close center, stab on a very close other side. You're both up and down in each location once before moving on. Not something to rely on. If you do, it's a good technique to use right after a series of Dagger Hops. Great in maps like prison. If you fail, flow it into Fade Shooting most likely. If not, flow it into Reverse Stabbing.

Instafall
This is a hard move to time as it uses the animation of you AND your target in it. You start out with a normal stab, the enemy will ideally get hit. The hit animation will take place about 1/4 the way through your stabbing animation. Once the hit animation is half way through and your stab is 3/4 the way through, right click. You bypass the wind up for the push. If timed right, your enemy will get hit by the lunge RIGHT before the animation finishes. The flying back animation will be GONE, and they'll fall instantly. Again, hard to time due to the fact that you have to use the end of the enemy's animation as well, a very situational technique.

Dagger Gatling
Pushing in great incredible succession. You WILL take damage while doing this, it's required. The plus side is you use the unblockable lunge as fast as the normal stab and don't move. You have to be facing a sword, typically a butterfly. Stab normally as their animation begins, as soon as the sword gets close, right click. You will stop. Your attack will continue on and move forward. If this doesn't knock them over, keep repeating. It often gains the Instafall effects.

Dagger Flash
The basic form is a jump followed by two midair dashes.The "Dash > Stab" set of the technique may be continued indefinitely, so long as the character has not yet reached a level surface.
Step Guide: Jump > Dash > Stab > Dash > Stab

Dagger Shimmer
Dagger Flash +1. You have to be fast at switching, and it helps to be jumping down to do this. You shoot before dashing another way in a Dagger Flash. This lets you attack in a fast way, and it takes some work.
Steps: Jump, Dash, Stab, Switch, Shoot, Switch, Dash, Stab, Dash

Ground Flash
Basically Dagger Flash, but in ground, as the name suggests.
Step Guide: Dash > Stab (Dagger Train) > Dash to side

Poke of Death
Back your opponent into a corner or circle strafe them to keep them from moving and to keep yourself from taking much damage and start repeatedly stabbing the opponent until they are dead. This is the simplest technique with a dagger since it just requires stabbing your opponent to death.
The Poke of Death is also known as cornering or circling.
Back to top Go down
Aerensiniac
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:31 pm

Experimental Moves (Might be hard to recreate in a fool prrof way)
Instafall
This is fun. Remember the Push? This is it's bigger, meaner, and craftier cousin. I've done this three times in a row against somebody, and made somebody who typed intelligently turn to angry l33t in a matter of seconds, then leave the game. What this technique does, is take advantage of the Animation Ending effect. Say somebody is running, the animation has a set number of frames. At the end of the frames, the animation is over, and changes or repeats. If hit by the dagger lunge, the end of the animation signals the fall. See where I'm getting at? You can force somebody to the ground, INSTANTLY. They can't safe fall, at all. The hit animation has the least frames, thus the easiest to use. Especially when airborne. Stabbing before the lunge cuts frames off of your lunge, making this easier to pull off. This seems to be the best way to accomplish the move. UPDATE: There is a hard-bound way to do this I discovered while using quest. When somebody is super-dashing, lunge them. They WILL fall instantly. Why is this important when the opportunity is so far off? It proves that as somebody is at the end of their animation(super-dash is always at the end), that they will skip the falling animation and have no chance to safe fall. The easiest way to get them at this point is stabbing them AS they start to jump. This move is NO LONGER experimental.
Steps: Stab enemy near the end of an animation+Push

Dagger Gatling
I bet you like that Push now, huh? Well, prepare to fall in love with its hot sister. Or brother. Depending. Anyway~ The dagger push ATTACK, and the character, are two seperate bodies. This move requires you to take damage, however. From a sword. Start stabbing before the sword makes contact with you, and lunge JUST as you start stabbing. You will stay where you are, but your attack will continue on. You can then push again, or if your enemy attacks, continue to use the Dagger Gatling. Useful on maps like dungeon when you want to push people off the edge but don't wanna kamikaze. The reason this insta-falls alot, is because with the right timing, you will catch them at the top of their safe-fall, when the animation turns to falling. This move is all timing, and is NO LONGER experimental.
Steps: Wait, stab+lunge, repeat

Tight Hop
This is a great skill to learn, but very difficult. It's like a shorter, lower, faster JSD mixed with a Dash Hop. It can be done in series, and very fast. It's like a fighting game combination, and can be difficult to be done. You jump and dash, stab to cancel, switch to shoot, switch and jump and dash. The reason this can be lower and faster is because dashing cancels the jump's continuation. Prepare yourself for this move by jumping and dashing in rapid succession
Steps: Jump, Dash+stab, Switch+shoot, Switch+jump+dash

Block Tap
Tapping midair, at an angle that creates minimal contact with the block, so your opponent doesn't so much as gain a massive strike. The stupid ones will attack at the chink, and keep attacking, so get behind em and just, tear into them. It helps to shoot your camera down as you stab, then back up as you dash.
Steps: Jump, Turn+Stab+Dash

Glitch Evade
Ahhh, using hit boxes to your advantage. I'm not sure why it works, but it does. Say your block tap fails to work, what then? You're stunned! Turn, fool! Turn at a 45 degree angle, close to them, you'll be inside the blast, and it will go around you harmlessly. My longest record with this is 10 in a row vs. Tsuteto when he was testing to see if massives were different in jGunZ.
Steps: Turn

Magician Switch
You've been blocked, and you can glitch evade, you kick ass! It's like you're made of magic! But now, are you a magician? This is easy to do. Your gun will float by you, making it easy for you to retaliate as soon as your stun is over. You switch as soon as you hear the chink.
Steps: Switch

Shimmering Evade
Oooh. What a counter attack. Glitch Evade+Magician Switch. This was easier than I gave it credit for. You just have to be really close. When done right, you can run up to your opponent when they have a massive and do this without being stunned. The real secret of Glitch Evading is to be close, and slightly off center from your opponent. No longer experimental.
Steps: Switch, Glitch Evade, turn+shoot

Breakthrough
Get back! I've done this repeatedly, but have yet to find the best timing. It seems to be good if you do it right after a block finishes against a midair person, as most people I've done this against are butterfliers. It's a lunge that sends them back, very, very fast. I've done this and had it done to me, it's like an insta-fall without the insta. Just very fast, can be confusing to the enemy, so when you accomplish this, be ready to start shooting as they slide around. Still unable to do this rather than instafall however, so it is still experimental. To help me with this, replay whenever you join a game, and if you lunge and see your enemy shoot back fast, post the replay in this thread.
Steps: Wait, Stab+Lunge

JSF
The Jump Shoot Flash, invented by Selryam as he was in Quest Mode. You JSD, then stab to cancel, and dash another way. Chances are I got this wrong, I don't get his techs right sometimes. If it's wrong feel free to correct me. This is a great get behind move, and while doing it, you might feel slow; Take it from me the receiving end doesn't feel like it's slow.
Steps: Jump, shoot, switch+dash, stab+dash

Massive End
This makes great use of running up to a massive and Glitch Evading it. Forcing people into the hit animation is great, especially if it lasts the whole time the massive strike should. Massive end is getting good at Glitch Evading to the point that you can do it on command, then rendering somebody completely helpless, and shooting them dead. Massive Strikes are fatal mistakes when done wrong, make sure your enemy knows that. This move will put a big dent in their self-esteem of skill. The stab more or less garuntees your safety.
Steps: Glitch Evade, Stab, switch+shoot

Infinite Juggle
This is a great way to paralyze your enemy. When hit midair, you are vulnerable. To EVERYTHING. Infinite juggle plays with safe-falling and jumping. The real way to do this is to Dagger Gatling somebody into safe-falling, then dashing and keeping your knife under them while Dagger Training. This kills hard because your opponent will be unable to move at all.
Steps: Dagger Gatling, Dash forward, Dagger Train.

Dropping Juggle
What a way. When you stab your enemy and let them land from being midair, they'll have their hit animation for a little bit longer. That's when you shoot em and start the whole thing over again. The average enemy will think they did something wrong and try to correct it the next time it happens, but wise up a few more times after. But really, if you don't safe fall, there's not much room for improvement, is there?
Steps: Dagger Gatling, Dash forward, Stab, Dash back+Stab, Switch+Shoot

General Tips
1) Feint, alot. By this I mean fake your enemy out. Alot of people who play GunZ don't expect this for some reason. In a gladiator match for example, start charging your Massive Strike. When your enemy gets close, lunge into them. The charge stops instantly and you fly into em. Surprisingly effective.

2) Walls are very useful, this always applies. Daggers have the fastest natural wall strike, make use of it, wall bounce on your back and sides too.

3) For those times when you go up against turtles and butterflies, Dagger Hop and Reverse Stab. Here's a tip, stab in the second half of your jump and dash. If you go in close, time it so that you hit with the second half of the stab. You're alot less likely to give the opponent a massive strike, and get thrown off balance.

4) If they DO get a massive strike and you aren't thrown off balance, STAY CLOSE TO THEM IN THE FRONT. Alot of times it'll go right around you. To help this, turn a quick 45 degree angle with a weapon switch. It's not consistant, but can be a life saver. If they reverse massive you, keep spinning. Again, not constant, but can be a life saver.

5) Remeber the basic techniques, and use them creatively. For example, somebody is chasing you, or behind you and there's a wall in front of you, run up it, and hold backwards as you Flip Stab Shot, or Dagger Flash behind them. This does kill alot.

6) If somebody insults daggers in game, try to get them to fight you 1v1. You may not win, but if you focus, you will get a good practice opprotunity. You'll learn more about any style you fight every time you fight it, this is universal. However, if they don't agree, a psychological warfare comes into play. Go for them first, make 'em mad, make 'em steam. The more angry a player is, the less they can focus, the easier they are to kill.

7) Get very good at Block Tapping and Glitch Evading. If you block tap and the opponent massive strikes, if there's a long delay because they're slow or you were on a backwards dash when you tapped, wait for them to massive strike, then tumble in after the yellow animation fades, shooting them dead with a shottie.

8.) If you dash while getting hit by a massive, you will slide away. This is such a lifesaver, get in the habbit of doing it.
Back to top Go down
A - w - E
Admin
A - w - E

Male Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:48 pm

good guide but i didnt read it all @_@ cbf cos its too long x__x and i dnt Dstyle
Back to top Go down
Rotten
Veteran
Veteran
Rotten

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:31 am

I did read it all and its awesome. gj dude! Smile
Back to top Go down
gravsy
Admin
gravsy

Male Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:56 am

nice guide n dagger ftw Wink
Back to top Go down
http://deepinurass.yourme.net
ac3$hot_
Expert
Expert

Male Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:42 pm

lol gj Razz i go with gravsy... dagger ftw!! Razz
Back to top Go down
A - w - E
Admin
A - w - E

Male Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 1:04 am

pssh dagger ftLOSE too easy to kill

stab stab stab stab stab

jump block massive insta POOF dead
Back to top Go down
Vliem
Entry
Entry
Vliem

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-09-03

PostSubject: Re: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 7:41 am

lol daggers are usefull by quests but not by fights
Back to top Go down
http://deepinurass.yourme.net
Aerensiniac
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 9:18 pm

Ppl say the same about kodachis and yet they get owned flat when they meet someone who truly masters its style and while we are at it i think D-style has more potence than k-style.

98%of the k-stylers cant do anything else besides of charging in your face blindly and try to ss. If you dont allow them to get close then they simply go on medium range and spam shotgun.
Not like it looks bad or something but exactly these ppl break out in swearing when i spray them to death frontal or feed them a rocket while they are charging straight towards me. I mean lulz, they call e-stylers noob for spray, rocket, dagger, run, hide, massive and half thousand other things while themself arent even able to dodge the slowest weapon in game.

Nah, for real. A sprayer is not a sprayer because he lets 240 bullets fly around on the map without the lowest chance of aim... he is a sprayer because he knows where to spray, seeks up narrow places and corridors. A rocketer is not a rocket noob because he shoots away all 12 rockets full size random, hoping to hit something with splash... he is a rocketer because he can guess the opponents next move and shoots where he will land.

And who knows where and how to use the dagger wont be a 1 shot nooblet opponent. You will have to watch your back and with that you have allready proven the fact that he is not a noob.
Back to top Go down
ac3$hot_
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 6:19 pm

o.o nice speach
Back to top Go down
tofu_x
Beginner
Beginner
tofu_x

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 3:28 am

I agree whit Aerensiniac , kstyle is really boring and kinda lame cause' there are like 10000 ppl who think there kstylers but they actually can only bf and spam whit his shotgun / rev. D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick 30323
Most of kst ylers are like this. spaming shotgun n bfing ...
D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick 81916
Back to top Go down
ac3$hot_
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 6:33 pm

yea i agree too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick   D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D-Style (alas Dagger) lets give dagger noobin a new kick
Page 1 of 1